We work with other professionals in a multi-disciplinary team to diagnose Autism Spectrum Disorder (‘ASD’) in children and young people.
All clinicians involved have extensive experience working with children and young people with social communication difficulties and diagnosing ASD.
The National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines state that ASD assessments for children and young people should be undertaken by at least two professionals from different disciplines. We partner with professionals from other organisations to complete the assessment jointly.
We regularly partner with Dr Sarah Maynard-Lowe, a chartered psychologist, to undertake a fully NICE-compliant diagnostic assessment. Further information about Sarah available here:
The price for this comprehensive ASD assessment, in line with NICE guidance, including a detailed report, is £1750.
The assessment comprises:
- An initial consultation with Dr Maynard-Lowe.
- Comprehensive developmental history taken from parents/carers, using the Diagnostic Interview for Social and Communication Disorders (‘DISCO’).
- Assessment with the child or young person using the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (‘ADOS’).
- Review of child or young person’s presentation within nursery, school or college.
- Detailed report including the diagnostic decision and the reasoning behind this, plus recommendations for support, regardless of whether a diagnosis is given or not.
- A feedback session.
We also partner with professionals from the following organisations to complete ASD assessments for children and young people.
Please contact them directly for information on referral and costs.